Tuesday 13 July 2010

Video: Young Money Artists React To Lil Wayne’s “Nino Brown 3″ In New York

We were going to include this video into another post on LilWayneHQ, but when we read what MTV put in their article, we just had to make a post for it. You can read the article below and watch the video above were a couple of Young Money artists and Hip Hop experts speak on “The Nino Brown Story Part 3“.
One of the film’s highlights is Wayne’s reaction to Drake when he hears a verse from “Over” for the first time. In the scene, the two are freestyling in front of a green screen on the set of Drizzy’s “Miss Me” video.
“‘Bout to go Thriller, Mike Jackson on these niggas,” Drake raps. “All I need’s a fucking red jacket with some zippers/ Super good smiddoke, a package of the swishers.”
“Stop,” Wayne yells in admiration, as if to say Drake’s line was too good.
“I did it overnight, it couldn’t happen any quicker,” Drake continues. “Y’all know them? Well, fuck it, me either/ But point the biggest skeptic out, I’ll make him a believer/ It wouldn’t’ be the first time I done it/ Throwin’ hundreds when I should be throwin’ ones.”
Wayne, with a smile on his face yells, “Stop! You should be throwing ones, man.”
“He believed in me like no one believed in me,” Drake says later in the doc, describing how his mentor put him down with the team shortly after his run on “Degrassi: The Next Generation” was over and his money started drying up. The 23 year-old adds that Wayne understood him when almost no one else did.
“For that I owe you my life,” Drake affirms.
“It’s just a short ’see you later” he says about Wayne’s jail time. “I love you with all my heart. … Young Money until they kill me. I bet they can’t kill me, so it’s Young Money forever.”
The doc goes from Young Money to even younger money, as we see Wayne meeting Justin Bieber backstage at this year’s Grammy Awards. The 16-year-old tells Wayne he’s one of his favorite rappers, and to prove it, the teen spits a verse from “A Milli,” censoring himself so he doesn’t have to curse on camera.
Nino 3” also takes viewers into Wayne’s Miami mansion, where we see he doesn’t wear any of the same clothes twice. He shows off his sports memorabilia collection, his Andy Warhol gem and his BB gun.
There is still no release date for the DVD, but it should be dropping this Summer and we can’t wait! We also can’t wait for “The Nino Brown Story Part 4” which will show Tune working and making Tha Carter IV album.

No comments:

Post a Comment